Our blood is made up of RBCs, WBCs, and platelets. White blood cells are the central part of the blood, which helps you fight infections and are essential for a healthy life. Leukocytes /WBCs strike bacteria and viruses, which causes infections in the body. In the following article, we get to know about How to increase white blood cells? So please don’t skip the article from anywhere and read it carefully because it will be very useful for all of you guys.
White blood cells are produced in the bone marrow, stored in the lymphatic system, and in the blood that can be used when needed to fight against infections.
The normal range of WBCs varies from 4000 to 11000 per microliter of blood. The white blood cells count less than 4000 microliters of blood indicates that a body cannot fight infections which means they are being damaged more than they are formed.
Table of Contents
Causes of low white blood count
A blood test can do the blood count. If it shows a lower count of WBCs, try to figure out the cause of starting with the proper medication.
- Autoimmune disorders – because of such diseases having autoimmune disorders, WBCs attack themselves and destroy them.
- Bone marrow abnormalities – chemotherapies and cancer-treating medicines decrease the abilities of bone marrow to make WBCs.
- Less nutrition intake – not taking a proper diet means consuming fewer nutrients, making it difficult for a body to produce WBCs.
- Medicines – some of the drugs, which may include antibiotics, can also damage the WBCs.
- Spleen issues – white blood cells are made in the spleen. The infection in the spleen can drop the rate of WBCs formation.
- Viral infections – infections caused by a virus can result in a drop-down of WBCs count.
Ways to increase the white blood cell counts
So, there are many ways to increase your immunity by increasing the count of white blood cells in the body. Some of them are listed below:
- Stress relievers – to boost WBCs growth in the body, a person needs to be stress-free. For this purpose, a good massager can be so helpful. Lavender oil helps in reducing help, and other essential oil can improve Wbcs production.
- Intake of Citrus fruits – immunity boosters are citrus fruits which include oranges, grapefruit, lemon, line, etc. They can help grow WBCs.
- Papaya leaves – acetogenins are present in papaya leaves which improves immunity by increasing white blood cell counts.
- Zinc intake – the functionality of Wbcs can be restored by zinc properly. So take 8mg-11mg of zinc to prove good immunity.
- Multivitamins – Therefore, vitamins A, C, E, and B-69 are essential in improving white blood cell counts. To fulfill the requirements of these vitamins, you can take meat, fish, cheese, eggs, and citrus fruits.
- Probiotics- So, you can take yogurt to boost immunity; it has probiotics. Probiotics have stimulating properties that help in increasing white blood cells.
- Chocolate- So, cocoa extract reacts as a powerful antioxidant. However, you should keep the sugar and fat to the minimum level that’ll help to reduce heart disease risk, maintain cholesterol levels and recover blood vessel damage.
Also read: how to make peach cobbler