You experience different incidents in your daily life. Some of them are related to your friends, and relatives, and some are directly related to you or to your family. If you are facing any situation that makes you a victim then the first thing you should do is to report to the nearest police station in your area and file a police report. If you don’t know how to file then no need to worry about that because you are in the right place. This article is written on how to file a police report. The best thing about this article is that we will guide you to file a police report in 2 ways. These 2 ways are mentioned below with complete information and guidelines.
- So, by visiting the police station
- By contacting via the internet
By visiting the police station:
- The very first step you have to take is to find out the nearest police station in your area. It is recommended to file a police report at the nearest police station because this procedure demands time and you have to visit the police station several times. You can find out with the help of Google or you can dial 311 and get all the required information.
- The next thing you have to do is to find out useful information about the incident. In case of any robbery, murder case, or any other like that, you have pictures or videos as proof because the first question officers will ask you after visiting the police station is about the proof.
- The next thing to keep in mind is to keep your Id card/identity card along with you before going to the police station. You need your ID card at the police station for your identity.
- After entering a police station, visit the information desk and tell him your issue. He will ask you some questions related to the situation and you have to provide all the information you have. Also, give him proof that you have gathered before. He will start writing a report. Once he finishes he will tell you a report number. Remember this number, it will help you to recognize your case. After finishing your report, your case will be transferred to an officer for investigation.
By contacting via the internet:
- The very step is to search your nearest police station link or website. just write your city name and the area in which you are living and also write police in the search bar and click Enter. It will show you different links. Open the first link that you see and start the further procedure.
- The next step is to choose the type of your crime you want to report a file.
- Once you select the type the next step is to gather useful information about the incident. After gathering information the website will ask you about that information to write in the given place.
- After that, the website will ask you for complete details about the incident. You have to write complete details.
- After giving the required information, submit the report, and don’t forget to print a copy of your report file.
- After submission, you will receive a call from that police station within 1 or 2 days. They will assign an officer for your case investigation.
Also read: how to download Instagram videos