One of the essential ingredients of baking, no doubt vanilla essence, is more important. It completes the baking and makes our desserts and delights perfect and delicious. We all know the uses of vanilla and find it easily at markets, but in this article, I will guide you to the vanilla extract that you can use for a long time and a good gift for your friends. In the following article, we get to know about How to make vanilla extract? So please don’t skip the article from anywhere and read it carefully because it will be very useful for all of you guys.
Vanilla belongs to the orchid family, and just like grapes, it grows on vines. Vanilla has about 150 varieties, but all are different in taste and aroma.
Table of Contents
The vanilla planifolia is found in Madagascar, Mexico, and Indonesia.
Madagascar vanilla, also famous as bourbon vanilla, has a rich, creamy aroma and mild tobacco taste. These are the most aromatic vanilla full of fresh vanilla aroma.
It is used in coffee, chocolates, ice creams, and many other delights.
Mexican and Indonesian vanilla has a spicy appearance, used in many spices. These are smooth and creamy.
Tahitensis has more fruit, floral, and aniseed aroma and is used in scented products.
How to Make Vanilla Extract
- Making vanilla extract at home is very simple, but it took months. But at home, you can make your original without any preservatives vanilla extract. So, let’s get started.
- Take the vanilla pods and cut them into two halves to expose their seeds.
- After cutting all vanilla pods, please place them in a glass jar filled with vodka or alcohol.
- Shake well so that they mix.
- Place the in a cool dark place for about 3 months.
- After that, your vanilla extract is ready. Strain it in another sterilized glass bottle.
- Because of the expose of vanilla seed, it gives black musky color. To avoid it, you have to cut the tips of vanilla pods on both sides and then bathe them in alcohol.
Vanilla syrup extract
- To make syrup bol the sugar in water and then add brandy or other types of alcohol.
- Place the vanilla beans in the glass jar and add syrup to it.
- Shake well so that vanilla beans distribute evenly.
- Please place them in a cool and dark place for 2 weeks.
- Vanilla syrup is ready.
Non- alcoholic Vanilla Extract
To avoid alcohol here, we are using glycerine. To prevent a sweet taste, you can use vegetable glycerine and vinegar.
Cut the vanilla pods with a knife vertically to expose the seeds. Also, chop the pods into two to three pieces.
Please put them in a sterilized jar and fill them with glycerine. (or vinegar, whatever you are using).
Rest for several months, about 3 to 4.
Tips to make vanilla extract
Take the fresh vanilla pods by folding them on your finger. If they remain soft and whorl, you can use them. Also, they have a great aroma.
The vanilla beans
Don’t put the vanilla extract jar in the light, and sun exposure destroys the vanilla extract.
Also read: how long does it take for a body to decompose.