What is boba And Its Uses?
Boba is a small chewy starch ball made up of cassava starch. In the 1980s, it is originated in Taiwan and then popping up in the USA. Now it is tough to visit the big cities of America without taking this delicious boba tea. It is used for topping our drinks, ice creams, shakes, slushies, desserts, etc. boba is used in tea called boba tea, bubble tea, pearl tea, and boba.
Boba tea made its way from Taiwan to America, and now it is available in every food court street, and every age of person like to drink this delicious drink. Boba is simply tasteless, so it is effortless to add it to other foods. These boba pearls are sometimes called tapioca pearls, used at the bottom of your drinks with a delicious topping of drinks.
Boba is tiny small starch balls covered with brown or dark sugar to make them delicious in drinks and sometimes dip in corn syrup for desserts, jellies, slushies, and popping pearls.
How To Make Boba Pearls?
You can make your boba pearls from cassava starch, brown sugar, and boil water, and once you make it, you can use these small sweet chewy balls in many drinks and enjoy it with your family and friends in gossips. Here is the recipe for boba pearls, including the brown sugar recipe. So let get started!!
- First of taking cassava starch flour and brown sugar from your nearest store.
- Heat the water in a medium-size pot and bring it up to boil, then add brown sugar and cook it on medium flame until it dissolves.
- Please turn off the flame, add one tbs of cassava starch flour, and mix it well until it dissolves perfectly and no lumps are present.
- Now again, please turn on the medium flame to cook and stir until it starts thickening.
- Please turn it off from heat and add the left cassava flour and make a sticky dough.
- Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface until you get a smooth, soft, and elastic dough. It can be sticky, so you can add more flour if needed.
- If you make so much dough, you can use half now and save the half dough in a dry place in plastic wrap.
- Roll the dough in long rod-like strips. The strips should be thin because pearls will expand after cooking.
- Cut these long strips into small equal pieces and roll each piece into a tiny ball. Repeat this on all leftover dough. Now, your dried tiny pearls are ready.
- If you want to speed up this process, you can skip rolly the pieces. Just use these small cubes, which may not look as pretty but will have the same taste as pearls. Be sure while cutting these cubes that they have same small as possible.
How To Cook Boba Pearls?
- In a large pot, boil enough water in which these tiny pearls can dip. Add tapioca pearls to the boil carefully. It doesn’t splash. Stir the tapioca pearls so that they don’t stick on the bottom of the pot or with each other.
- Cover the pot, boil the pearls for 20 minutes and let them rest for more than 20 minutes.
- Finally, drain the boba pearls.
- Your boba is ready. You can enjoy it in your favorite drink, but I suggest adding brown sugar or dark sugar for caramel taste. This makes your boba tasty to more delicious.
Brown sugar covering
To make brown sugar pearls, take the brown sugar or dark sugar, which you get quickly.
Add brown sugar to a pot and heat it for few minutes. You have to warm the sugar. Don’t melt it.
Now add the boba pearls and stir it so that it covers the brown sugar.
Your unique brown, creamy caramel boba is ready.
How to store Boba Pearls?
Store the boba pearls without cooking
If you made many boba pearls or don’t want to make bubble tea right now, you can save these delicious peals in an airtight jar. You don’t need to place them in a refrigerator or the freezer. Just keep them in a dry place.
If you are placing them in the freezer or refrigerate, it becomes hard and takes time to soften, and the freezer should ruin the texture of small balls.
Store the cooked boba pearls
Keep the cooked pearls in a glass jar and place them in the refrigerator. And enjoy it with your favorite drinks.
How To Make Bubble Tea?
- Bubble tea is a refreshing drink. You can use green tea, dark tea, flavored milk, coffee, and even juices.
- I am going to make this with my favorite almond and honey milk
- Take a glass or cup. It would help if you took a glass for a better view. And add boba pearls on the bottom and roll them in the glass to a sugary covering.
- Add ice cubes if you want, and pour the almond and honey milk. You can add wiped chocolate or plain cream and chocolate chip or oreo crumbs for more taste.
- You can add your favorite drink instead of milk.
- Your bubble tea is ready. To hope you are going to enjoy it.!!
Don’t forget to take extra-large straws for your boba.
Also read: plant-based protein powder.