7 Best Food Containers
In all likelihood, your kitchen has a cupboard filled to the brim with containers for perfect food storage. However, that doesn’t necessarily mean you have the best food container.
After all, who knows how many times it has happened to you to go and look for an airtight container to store the leftovers from dinner and discover that you can’t find the lid anywhere …
What’s the best food container?
Perhaps this happens because you end up putting everything in bulk since your containers are not stackable. It can also happen that the box deforms in contact with the food’s heat, and eventually,y you have to throw it away. Also, have you checked that your stock is made free of harmful substances like the infamous BPA? Food Storage Containers Whatever the reason, if you’ve come to this post, it’s probably time to invest in a suitable quality kitchen food container.
Below we present the best food containers :
1. AmazonBasics Food Container Set – Best for ease of storage
- Airtight and spill-proof, these six plastic containers keep food neatly organized and fresh for longer, supporting the flavor intact and reducing wastage of wet or dry food. Each matching lid features four snap latches and a unique silicone seal on the edge to allow for perfect, secure closure and reliable spill-proof performance.
- . Bpa-free and stain-resistant, the containers offer long-lasting resistance and a transparent design, which allows an identification at a glance of the contents. He can go directly from the refrigerator or freezer to the microwave to heat food remnants nearly and are suitable for washing in the dishwasher. They are also ideal for carrying lunch from home to work or school. We have a compact and stackable design and can be stacked on top of each other, taking up minimal space in the fridge, freezer, or cupboard.
- Key features: Lids ensure tight, spill-proof closure Can be used in refrigerator, freezer, and microwave Transparent design allows contents to be identified at a glance
- Specifications: Brand: AmazonBasics Capacity: 1 x 4.7L, 3 x 600ml and 2 x 330ml
2. Deik Set of Food Containers – The best for the versatility of use
- The set includes eight containers complete with lids for easy storage of all types of food, including vegetables, fruit, drinks, bread, and leftovers. They are suitable for the fridge, freezer, microwave, and dishwasher. The 4-zipper locking system helps prevent dripping and odor escaping.
- The transparent design allows you to recognize the content easily. When not in use, stack them one inside the other and reduce the footprint from 8 to just three containers. LFGB, Natura PP, approves the BPA-free plastic.
- Key features: The unique locking system prevents dripping and odors from escaping. Clear and BPA-proof plastic allows you to view the contents. It can be stored one inside the other to optimize space
- Specifications: Brand: Deik Capacity: 4 rectangular of 0.24 – 0.5 – 1 – 1.5 liters, 2 squares of 0.4 – 0.7 liters, 2 rounds of 0.4 – 0.8 liters
3. Bormioli 388840 Frigoverre Glass Containers – The best for value for money
- The result of over thirty years of experience of the company. In the world of glass containers. They allow you to store all kinds of food practically and safely.
- High-quality standards characterize them. It is ensured by a made in Italy production. This is accompanied by the glass’s hygiene, which allows you to view the contents easily with its transparency. They are ideal in the refrigerator, freezer, and microwave without capsule.
- Key features: The containers are distinguished by the high quality made in Italy Glass hygiene is a guarantee of optimal food maintenance. They can also be used in the microwave
- Specifications: Brand: Bormioli Capacity: one round of 12 cm, three rectangular of 9.5 x 7.3 – 13 x 10 – 21 x 13 cm and one square of 10 x 10 cm
4. Utopia Kitchen set glass containers – The best to withstand even in the oven 400 °
- The nine containers in this set are made of highly resistant borosilicate glass. The four-lock polypropylene lids are easy to open and close and optimally store solid and liquid food. The airtight, best tablet for kids waterproof seal keeps food as fresh as ever. The clear container and anti-fog lids make it easier to see what’s inside, even without opening them.
- They are Fda approved, BPA-free, reusable, safe for dishwasher, microwave, freezer, and refrigerator. They are also oven resistant without a lid up to 400C. Easy to clean, they can be put in the dishwasher or rinsed underwater.
- Key features: The glass they are made of is particularly resistant. The particular seal keeps food fresh The anti-fog lids allow you always to see the contents
- Specifications: Brand: Utopia Kitchen Capacity: two squares of 320 and 800ml, four rectangular of 1520 – 330 and 840 (2 pcs) ml, three round of 240 – 400 – 950ml
5. Emsa Clip & Close Keep Fresh Container – The best for garnish that keeps food fresh for a long time
- The special seal allows you to keep food fresh for longer. Cap and gasket are firmly joined to guarantee maximum hygiene. The airtight closure is ideal for the transport of food and liquids and odorless.
- Bpa-free made according to safety standards for infant feeding. It is equipped with a measuring scale, easily stackable, in line with HACCP regulations. It is suitable for freezing, microwave, and dishwasher
- Key features: Perfectly stores baby food There is no way for food to spill, not even liquids Cap and seal are tightly joined
- Specifications: Brand: Emsa Capacity: 3 containers of 10 liters
6. Idea-Station Plastic Food Containers – Best for a vibrant design
- The set includes 12 highly versatile 250ml containers, ideal for holding snacks, sauces, gravies, spices, herbs, cereals, baby food.
- Bpa free, they resist from -30 ° C to 110 ° C. They are stackable to save space and are suitable for the freezer, microwave, and dishwasher. It is flexible and
- Key features: Stackable construction saves space Freezer, microwave, and dishwasher safe The color-coded lid helps identify the contents
- Specifications: Brand: Idea-station Capacity: 12 x 250ml containers
7. Virklyee Food Container Set – Best for collapsible structure
- Bpa-free, these containers are made from eco-friendly food-grade silicone. The surface of the inside is super smooth to prevent grease buildup and is very easy to clean.
- The structure is foldable and can be stored in a small space. Ideal for home food storage and transport to work, camping, hiking, travel, and more.
- Key Features: The inner surface is more smooth and makes cleaning easy The material is environmentally friendly, Ideal at home and on the go
- Specifications: Brand: Virklyee Capacity: four containers of 350 – 540 – 800 – 1200 ml
What to consider when buying food containers?
Here we are at the heart of this article. Have you ever wondered what the characteristics that make food containers quality accessories are? We bring you the fundamental points to take into consideration.
If you have a large family or enjoy preparing many meals, you will already know how much size matters. To get the most out of your food containers, you will need to have a few in various sizes, large and small, with a few more types to suit your preferences.
For example, silicone containers can be molded to the desired height to be customized.
To overcome the problem that can arise from the inadequate. Dimensions of the containers. It is advisable to purchase. A series of airtight containers (not necessarily branded) in different shapes and sizes.
This will not only make your kitchen. And pantry tidier. But you will also be able to store food. In an appropriate box without wasting space. And without being forced to throw out excess food.
The most versatile products for food storage are those. That can also be placed in the freezer and microwave. And are dishwashers safe?
Even though you find a growing range. Of these types of containers on the market. There are still countless ones. Those are unsuitable for washing in the dishwasher, which can cause damage in the microwave and break in the freezer. So, it’s a good idea to check the labels carefully if you’re looking for a truly versatile container.
Ease of use
It can be a real challenge trying to access some containers, especially those that are airtight!
Look for airtight food containers that are easy to open and close, with an added lip on the side to help you have a better grip, a button that makes it easier for air to escape, or snap lids that are easy to reopen.
Of course, it is also crucial that the lid system closes perfectly: don’t give up on these aspects.
The best food containers are made from long-lasting materials, such as plastic or glass. Both are sturdy enough to stack in a drawer or withstand changes in heat (such as heating frozen foods in the microwave ).
Cleaning and storage
Since you’ll likely use them a lot, it’s best to find a kitchen jar that is easy to clean, preferably dishwasher safe.
Not only that, but it can be a hassle to store containers when not in use. So, try looking for those containers that are stackable or generally easy to store. After all, there’s no point in keeping food in an attempt to tidy up the kitchen a bit if the result is even more chaotic than before.
While not of fundamental importance, there are certainly some advantages to choosing containers that run faster have some extra features, such as a lid that allows you to pour liquid foods, Food Storage Containers easily, or containers resistant to high oven temperatures.
The extra features usually mean an increase in cost, so always consider buying from the point of view of the r supply price.
Advantages of food containers
Even if the much more numerous, you can find the main advantages offered to you by these handy accessories.
- They reduce food waste.
The most significant and most obvious benefit of using these containers is preventing food waste at home. We know that it is cheaper to cook a large meal and then keep part of it for the next day, Food Storage Containers even to freeze. However, if when you take back the leftovers, you find that they have deteriorated or that they no longer have any taste, you throw them away.
A suitable quality food storage container allows you to cook large meals without waste.
So you can put some of the food in a small container to take to work without the need for a more relaxed and leave the rest in the refrigerator in a larger box, ready for dinner the next day. Or you can keep it in the freezer to consume when you feel like it.
- They keep food fresh longer.
Since we all know that fruits and vegetables are a real panacea for the well-being of the body, we buy a lot of salad with the intent to consume it all week. Unfortunately, however, we also know that it is an easily perishable vegetable.
Using airtight containers puts an end to this problem, or at least slows it down considerably, giving you time to eat fresh foods before they wilt and spoil.
They make you save
Instead of continually spending money on foil rolls, foil, polystyrene boxes, and disposable bags, invest in suitable quality food containers. Not only will your food stay fresher, and Food Storage Containers, you can cook in larger quantities, but you will also save a lot of money, just like the food thermos.
- They are ecological
If that’s not enough to convince you, think about the good you’ll do to the environment without all that trash going into the bin every week.
It is fair to say that food containers are ecological and represent a win-win situation for everyone, like products, especially if they are also biodegradable like those made of glass.
Like the accessories and various types of bamboo and cellulose products that are increasingly in demand.
Glass or plastic food containers?
Glass or plastic, which one to choose? While both materials can do a great job and bring many benefits, Food Storage Containers will always be personal. Below are some of each’s main benefits to help you decide which type will suit your family best.
Not only is plastic more likely to end up in our oceans, but the production of this material releases harmful toxins into the atmosphere. This is not the case in the manufacture of glass, which can be recycled more easily.
On top of this, glass jars are much easier to clean and therefore may be better to keep around the house, mainly if you use them regularly for hot meals, which are more likely to cause stains on the plastic.
Since glass food storage containers are non-porous, they do not stain or absorb odors and flavors. Also, since it cannot warp with heat, the glass will never have problems transferring chemicals from the container to the food.
Generally speaking, you are more likely to come across a microwaveable glass container and dishwasher safe. You can even find glass containers that allow for very high heat resistance so that you can cook stored foods straight from the refrigerator to the oven.
Plastic food containers are considerably lighter than glass and therefore offer greater versatility of use. For example, you can easily take them to school or work.
If you drop the glass, it’s almost guaranteed that it will break, but if you drop the plastic, all that will happen is that you may miss dinner (but if you have a dog, the problem solve).
Plastic is cheaper to produce than glass, and this is usually reflected in the low price.
Finally, while glass containers tend to be quite simple and available in limited sizes, plastic has a much wider variety of offerings. From bowls to large extra tubs, plastic usually guarantees a size to suit any need.
Frequently asked questions about food containers.
We offer you some more food for thought through the questions that consumers usually ask themselves when choosing.
Are plastic containers with BPA dangerous?
Bpa use in the manufacturing process of plastics. Some studies have focused attention on the fact that this substance can interfere, especially in young children, with the glands’ endocrine system, which, for example, release hormones throughout the body.
While there is no scientific Food Storage Containers evidence to support or disprove this claim, it is best to choose BPA-free products, mainly if intended for children.
Why does tempered glass tend to break on its own?
There is nothing worse than seeing the glass in a container shatter without an apparent cause. As with your car windshields, glass food containers can break due to previous mechanical or thermal shocks suffered by the material. Everything can start with seemingly insignificant damage. Such as a tiny crack that, over time, turns into a giant gap. Or it can be related to thermal stresses such as extreme heat or cold.
For this reason, it is vital to make sure that. The food container you are about to buy is able. To withstand the use, you intend to make of it.
Can I freeze food in the food container?
While not all containers can place in the freezer, most companies know that their products’ extra features can drive sales. Therefore, containers that can withstand the coldest temperatures are becoming more and more popular on the market.
Suppose you are not sure if your containers can be frozen. Check the description in the online sale and carefully evaluate the opinion published by consumers.
How do I clean food containers?
For glass containers, the cleaning process is more straightforward. It simply requires a good soak with a bit of soap and water, preferably overnight. Once the food remnants remove, proceed by scrubbing the inside, outside, and lids with warm water and some dish soap. Best protein powder Repeat this step if necessary for stubborn stains. Then rinse, dry, and store in an excellent, dark space to prevent harmful bacteria’s growth.
Plastic can be a bit more complicated, as it tends to absorb colors and odors from food. If you need to get rid of the smell of previously retained food, dissolve four tablespoons of baking soda with a quart of hot water and rub this solution all over the surface, just like you would a stainless steel pot. Please leave it to soak for 30 minutes, then rinse and wash it normally.
If the stains don’t want to go away, try diluting a tablespoon of chlorine bleach with a cup of hot water (don’t forget to wear gloves!). Again, let it soak, then wash and rinse it usually.
To avoid these stains, try lightly greasing the containers (both glass and plastic) with a bit of oil before use. This will create a barrier between the food and the box, which means odors and stains should not penetrate.
The proposal of food containers is extensive and diversified. It is therefore essential to carefully analyze your storage needs to choose the most suitable type.
The characteristics of glass or plastic products are very different, as are the dimensions and shapes that can significantly affect the storage methods.