The cricket festival is back! The awaited Indian Premier League has returned with its larger-than-life moments, jaw dropping last overs, and heated auctions! The 15th edition of IPL is a special one for fans with 2 new teams. It’s time to stick to do a DTH recharge online or subscribe to Disney+ Hotstar to watch a new game every day to watch IPL 2022.
Table of Contents
All you need to know about the IPL
Commenced in April 2008, IPL’s first match was between RCB (Royal Challengers Bangalore) and Shahrukh Khan + Juhi Chawla owned KKR (Kolkata Knight Riders) in Bangalore’s M Chinnaswamy Stadium.
From then, over 15 editions have been played. Mumbai Indians have won the IPL over 4 times with CSK winning the title thrice. KKR also won the title twice.
10 teams are playing in IPL 2022. Lucknow Super Giants and Gujarat Titans are the two new IPL teams added in this 15th edition. Over 74 matches will be played till 29th May, 2022 for determining this year’s IPL Champion.
Where can you watch IPL 2022? DTH or online?
The official broadcaster for IPL 2022 is Star Sports in India. The broadcaster will broadcast the tournament on STAR different channels in various languages. If you have a DTH box, you can watch the matches every day on the following channels.
DTH India offers the below mentioned channels for you to watch the IPL matches!
TV Channels which broadcast IPL:
- STAR Sports Network HD/SD
- Select 1
- Sports 3 (HD/SD)
- Sports Telugu, Tamil, Kannada, Bangla
- Star Gold
- Star Gold HD
- Star Gold 2
If you are a digital user, you can watch the tournament using the Disney+Hotstar platform. You can subscribe to their Premium plan of Rs. 1499 per year or go for a mobile plan of Rs. 499 per year.
How can I watch the IPL for free?
Top telecom companies like Airtel offer many recharge plans which provide free subscription to Disney+ Hotstar.
Here’s how you can get Disney+Hotstar subscription with Airtel for free:
- Head over to Airtel’s website or download the Airtel Thanks app.
- Select recharge option in the app or website. Here, you can view all the plans available.
- Look for plans which offer the Disney+Hotstar subscription with the plan. Th details of the plan are mentioned clearly in the app and the website.
- Select the plan and pay for the same using UPI or any saved cards. You can also use digital wallet or net banking to pay for the recharge.
- Once the recharge is successful, download Disney+Hotstar on your phone. Login with the number you did the recharge on.
- After registering with that number, you will automatically get free subscription to all content on Disney+Hotstar for a year.
- Tune in for daily IPL matches and more on the app.
So, even if you don’t have DTH box in your home, Disney+Hotstar free subscription can be your savior! In case, you have the Airtel Xstream DTH box, you will have 3 months of free subscription for Disney+Hotstar along with other top OTT platforms. You can also include Star Sports channel in your DTH package.
Immerse yourself in colors of your favourite team, let the cricket fever – IPL fever kick in for a season of long sixes, fantastic fours, and clean bowled moments!