What is the best way to keep track of your work? There are a variety of online project management software in the market that can help you to keep track of your work more efficiently. In today’s modern business environment, project management is reaching to the heights. Mangers are implementing this online software in their organization. Being one of the most helpful tools, it guides the team members to be more productive in their work. Like every coin has two faces so as online software, in project management.
Pros of implementing online project management software
Online project management software is flexible, agile, simple and easy to install. With the help of this software, a project manager can easily access the required data.
1. Online project management software generates a virtual space for communication, task management, and data sharing. It enables every member of a team to communicate and discuss issues in real-time with each other on a single platform. Team members can communicate even if they are located a thousand miles apart. This tends to help every team member so that they can be quick in dealing with the problems.
2. Online software accommodates a variety of tools that can be important for a project manager. The software provides various automation tools that divide the workload of a team thus, allowing them to invest their time in other significant places. It can convert raw data into actionable data at instantaneous speed.
3. Project management through this online software provides enhanced communication with the client and other stakeholders. Clients can interact with the team in the office space. This communication between the clients is essential in tracking delays and changing demands thus, making the client happy.
4. When projects demand the use of significant documentation. In this situation, online software provides document sharing tools. This tool enables team members to edit, update the status of reports and create systems for transparency and communication.
5. One of the significant benefits of project management is to manage its cost. Online project management software combines several tools that can help to control the cost of the project.
6. Online software produces progress reports that assist team members to stay focused, allowing them to work in a goal-oriented manner. This software provides managers to reallocate and shift tasks efficiently. For example, if 3 members in a team finish their task before time then, the project manager can use this online software to quickly assign them another task. Managers can create tasks by using email in project applications and can convert them into Gantt charts. This, in turn, saves the time and effort of an employee.
Cons of implementing project management software
Though there are several good reasons for using online software, there also several difficulties a project manager faces in implementing such online software, it includes:
1. Face to face communication is considered to be very important. Online software replaces face time communication with electronic messages. To assert the efficiency of operations, a project manager should monitor a person’s body language, facial expression and voice tone. Online software doesn’t allow us to hear and see these actions in words on a screen.
2. Another major challenge is team attachment. Just like in sports, how the team works together is a key element of success. Teamwork means team attachment, and getting everyone online from different locations is a challenge for the project manager.
3. As online project management software can present great solutions, but sometimes these solutions require to be system designed or need to be solved by acquiring various software programs. It can be expensive to purchase these software programs and can be difficult to execute.
4. Implementing online software may be a very popular option in many organizations but, a simple project may not need this online software. When online software used inappropriately, it may complicate things.
5. Project managers through this software can send alerts, which in turn help to remind team members that their task is pending. In such a situation, a problem arises when managers spend more time fixing up the alert than the task itself.
If you are heading to get online project management software, so get the tool that emphasizes the good and reduces the bad. Before purchasing an appropriate online software package, it is essential to assess the requirements of the organization. Some solutions are provided to task management, some solutions are traditional Gantt charts, while others are dominant blueprints for projects. Each solution begins with its features so, wisely choose the software that works best for the organization.