Table of Contents
Selling on Amazon: This guide will help you generate sales
If you want to sell on Amazon, the basic principle is the following: Third-party providers use Amazon as a digital marketplace to present their products and offer them for sale.
To be able to sell successfully on Amazon, you should make some strategic considerations in advance. Ask yourself:
1. Classify your products
The first step is to classify your goods. The Amazon marketplace is divided into categories so that customers can find specific products:
- Twenty open sales categories are accessible to everyone. These are intended for retailers who want to sell on Amazon without a trade.
- There are also ten monitored categories for commercial sellers. If you want to sell within these categories, you first need the approval of Amazon. The platform checks whether you meet the necessary criteria.
2. Create the right sales plan
After you have decided on a product category, the next step is to find the right sales plan. For you to be able to use the sales platform, Amazon charges seller fees. Again, there are two options:
- The available version:
With this basic account, you pay 0.99 euros for every item sold.
- B) The professional version for 39 euros a month:
With this, you can sell as many products as you want. This option is aimed at interested parties who want to sell commercially on Amazon. With this package, you, as the seller, take on: Some tasks yourself:
- You set the selling price.
- You take care of the storage of your products.
- We are in control of the inventory.
- You manage orders, returns, and refunds.
- You coordinate the shipping yourself.
3. Create a seller account
The third step is to set up a seller account so that you can sell things on Amazon. The account creation itself does not cost any money. As with any account creation, you need to provide some data and information:
- Information about yourself
- Facts about your company (e.g., address, an entry in the commercial register, VAT ID)
- Contact details (telephone number, email address)
- Bank details for transactions
- Payment method
What you need to know about Seller Central and Vendor Central
In the Amazon industry, this procedure is known as Seller Central. Amazon is, therefore, the central hub where buyers and sellers meet. However, if you want to sell many items on Amazon, the primary account can be expanded with the FBA (Fulfilled by Amazon) function. To use this tool, interested parties have to pay additional fees, but Amazon takes on some tasks:
- You hand over your goods to Amazon. The group takes care of the storage.
- If customers choose your products, Amazon is responsible for shipping.
From point 2, there are some advantages:
- Shorter shipping times: Customers receive the goods faster.
- You don’t have to worry about the packaging of your products.
- If something goes wrong with the shipment or if it is delayed, Amazon is responsible.
- Amazon handles returns or complaints.
The Vendor Central concept is an extended function. Retailers can only join this concept if they receive an invitation directly from Amazon. This offer primarily offers to large companies with well-known brands. Manufacturers then act as direct suppliers for Amazon and supply the large corporation on regular dates. Through the purchase and sale, the manufacturers’ products become the property of Amazon. As a result, Amazon is fully responsible for storage, distribution, and shipping.
Customer satisfaction and customer orientation
If you want to sell successfully on Amazon in the long term, you should have good goods and a good ranking on the sales platform. You will succeed if you guarantee fast and reliable service when you sell your goods.
- Present good value for money.
- Make sure your delivery is quick and on time. The best way to do this is to work with various delivery services and parcel deliveries. A free shipping order is another plus point.
- Ensure a quick and easy complaint or refund.
- Ensure these three factors so that you (hopefully) get good reviews from your customers. Well-rated sellers: inside earn a better place in the Amazon ranking.
- Describe your offers with product texts as concretely and appealingly as possible so that buyers can imagine exactly what they ordering and convinced of your goods. So that your products listed on Amazon on the first page, you should write search engine optimized texts. The better your product texts adapted to the users’ search behavior: the better your goods will place in the ranking.
Even if you want to sell products on Amazon, one of the biggest challenges is to assert yourself against the competition. Make sure that you are offering your goods at a reasonable price. On the one hand, this should be attractive to your customers, on the other hand, it must cover all your costs. Therefore, carry out a comprehensive price calculation in advance to determine the right price.
Also read: how to get rid of razor bumps